Revolut Vs Monzo – Compared
Starling and Monzo are both challenger banks. They are newly formed banks that are competing with established banks.
People are now becoming more comfortable stepping away from the usual big brand banks and going with new banks that offer them alternatives.
Starling and Monzo both enable you to manage your money through an app, but there are differences.
- Overview of Features For Starling and Monzo
- Starling Overview
- Monzo Overview
Overview of Features For Starling and Monzo
|Fees||Free.||Free and monthly fee accounts.|
|App||Manage account with an app.||Manage account with an app.|
|Pots||Set aside Pots for saving.||Set aside Pots for saving.|
|ATM UK||Daily Limits of £300 and no charges for withdrawal from ATM.||Daily Limits of £400 and no charges for withdrawals from ATM.|
|ATM Abroad||No charge.||Free in the EEA. Outside the EEA, you pay 3% of withdrawal.|
|Manage accounts from different banks from the app||No.||If you have any accounts with different banks, you can manage them all from Monzo Plus.|
|Cheque Deposit||Cheques up to £500, deposit through the app. cheques over £500, you have to post.||You have to post the cheque to Monzo|
|Deposit Cash||Deposit cash at any Post Office. Free deposit to a set amount.||PayPoint locations. £1 fee per deposit.|
|Get Starling Bank|
|Get Monzo Bank|
Starling has been voted Best Bank in the British Bank Awards for 4 years in a row.
With Starling, you can take care of all your banking needs in the app, including setting standing orders and putting aside money in Spaces for saving.
Starling Bank also has online banking, get the app features on your desktop or laptop.
Starling Bank have the following accounts:
- Personal Account.
- Joint Account
- Euro Account – A European Account in the UK.
- Starling Kite – this is a debit account for a young child.
- Teen Account – account for 16-17 year olds.
- Business Account.
Starling Bank charges interest of 15%, 25% and 35% EAR (variable) in arranged overdraft.
If you go over your overdraft limit, there is no charge.
When you spend abroad, Starling charges the market exchange rate and do hidden fees on top.
Starling Bank Features and Benefit – round-up
Features and benefits
* Easily manage all your banking transactions in an app.
* Round up transactions when spending and save the rounded amount in a virtual bank.
* You can apply for the Starling awarding winning account in minutes.
* There is also a joint bank account and business account available.
* You can also set your own contactless payment limit.
Get more information and open an account, here: Starling Bank Account.
Monzo is a full bank account that enables you to manage your money through an app. The Business Account, allows you to manage your money online as well.
You can get interest on your savings. You get interest on a 12 months fixed pot. The minimum amount you put away in the fixed pot is £500.
Monzo Bank have the following accounts:
- Monzo Current Accounts.
- Monzo Plus Accounts.
- Monzo Premium Accounts.
- Monzo Business Accounts.
- Monzo Joint Accounts – shared account.
- Monzo 16-17 Accounts – account for 16-17 year olds.
Monzo Bank charges interests of 19%, 29% and 39% EAR (variable) on arranged overdraft.
If you go over your overdraft limit, they will not charge you extra.
With Monzo, you can spend in shops or online anywhere in the world in any currency and they will not charge you a fee.
You only pay the Mastercard’s exchange rate, Monzo does not add any charge on top.
Monzo Bank Features and Benefit – round-up
Features and benefits
* Get a free, full UK bank account from an app on your mobile phone.
* Get interest paid on your money for up to £2000.
* If you already have a bank account or credit card, you can add it to Monzo and see all your balance and transactions.
* You can get interests paid on your savings.
* Set budget for spending and get notifications on spending.
Get more information and open an account, here: Monzo Bank Account.
Both Starling and Monzo are excellent charger banks that offer good features.
You have to read through what they each have to offer and choose the bank account that meets your need.
Go to Starling Bank, here: Starling Bank Account.
Go to Monzo Bank, here: Monzo Bank Account.
If you are interested, check out: Best Bank Accounts for Bad Credit.
If you are looking for the best SIM only deal, read out article: Best SIM Only Deals UK – best SIM only plans available
If you are looking for home insurance, read our article: Home Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes.
Rate this post 4/5 – (7 votes)